The Four Degrees of Synchromystic Awareness
The Four Degrees, in their totality, are comparable to the concentric discs of a dart board. The unenlightened initiate's first task is to recognize that the board exists - that he has been throwing darts blindly across the room - that thus far, even when he landed a dart on the board, he has dismissed the synchronicity as meaningless or insignificant.
The acknowledgment of this Synchromystic Dart Board creates a dichotomous boundary analogous to the alchemists' pictorial representation of a flask's interior and exterior. All darts that land on the board through the conscious intent of our initiate are to hereby be considered significant.
Like a dart board, the novice will begin play at a low to medium skill level. As they hone their skills, they will approach the bullseye more frequently. The goal, of course is to always hit the bullseye. There is no point system here.
Explanation of each layer, from Outer circle to Inner Circle:
4. Mundane sphere - The initiate "forces" a connection between events and symbols in order to support a hypothesis that is not interesting or useful.
3. Intentional Sphere - Through free association, multiple events are connected to support a hypothesis that is both esoterically relevant and of interest to the initiate.
- - - Example A) A piece of art or an event is analyzed through free association - .
- - - Example B) Free association of Dream Meanings as they relate to the collective mind of the universe (See Carl Jung's book Psychology and Alchemy)
2. Sphere of Spontaneous Recognition - Connection between two or more symbols/events reveals itself without any conscious work on the part of the individual.
- - - Example C) Predictive Synchronicity - commonly occurs as the anticipation of a phone call from a specific friend. This event implies a degree of psychic ability and thus a connection to the all knowing Goddess.
- - - Example D) Creative Manifestation of thoughts into reality through the power of intent.
- - - Example E) Entheogenic Synchromysticism - a temporary, intuitive conscious understanding of multiple, simultaneous synchromystic possibilities
- - - Example F) New Door Opened - Upon understanding a new concept, the initiate now sees obvious synchromystic connections all over the place relating to that idea. This is exemplified when a person learns a new word and begins to read and hear it all over the place.
1. Prima Materia or Inner Sphere - An ongoing sense of understanding and connectivity to the universe.
Article received from: Ezra Sandzer-Bell