Red Ice News

The Future is the Past

1 Killed, 6 Injured in Drive-by Shooting in Toulouse, France
New to Red Ice? Start Here!

1 Killed, 6 Injured in Drive-by Shooting in Toulouse, France

Source: rt.com

At least one person has been killed and six others wounded in a shooting in the French city of Toulouse, local media report.

The shooting took place in the Abbal square in Toulouse around 9:00pm local time when several assailants riding a motorcycle opened fire on a crowd before fleeing the scene.

At least one person was killed and six others injured, police sources told France 3. Two people are reported to be in a critical condition.

Police have cordoned off the area and have launched an investigation. The investigation is now being led by the Regional Service of Judicial Police (SRPJ) of Toulouse.

A witness filmed the moment of the attack, enabling authorities to confirm that the assailants arrived and left the scene on a bike, according to France 3 report.

Authorities believe the potential motive behind the drive-by shooting could be criminal and lacking terrorist intent, initial reports suggest. The deceased victim was known to police and was a suspect in another murder case last year, according to France Info.

The shooting in Toulouse comes just hours after French President Emmanuel Macron said he would lift the state of emergency in France by the end of the year.

“I will re-establish the freedoms of the French people by lifting the state of emergency this autumn because these freedoms are the precondition of the existence of a strong democracy,” Macron said, laying out his agenda at a joint session of parliament, according to AFP.

The state of emergency was introduced in France following the attacks in Paris in November 2015, which killed over 130 people. It has been extended five times since.

Police and administrative authorities are generally given more powers under an emergency regime, allowing for house arrests and searches without warrants along with other measures.

After assuming office, Macron requested that parliament extend the state of emergency until November 1. The current order was due to expire on July 15.

The 39-year-old French president promised that following the reinstatement of civil liberties, his government “will work to prevent any new attack, and we will work to fight (the threats) without pity, without regrets, without weakness.” 

Comments

We're Hiring

We are looking for a professional video editor, animator and graphics expert that can join us full time to work on our video productions.

Apply

Help Out

Sign up for a membership to support Red Ice. If you want to help advance our efforts further, please:

Donate

Tips

Send us a news tip or a
Guest suggestion

Send Tip

Related News

Capital Gazette Staff Warned Years Ago to Call 911 if They Saw Shooting Suspect
Capital Gazette Staff Warned Years Ago to Call 911 if They Saw Shooting Suspect
Almost 1,000 People Injured, Killed in Terrorist Attacks by Refugees
Almost 1,000 People Injured, Killed in Terrorist Attacks by Refugees

Archives Pick

Red Ice T-Shirts

Red Ice Radio

3Fourteen

London Wrecked By Mass Immigration
Ash Sharp - London Wrecked By Mass Immigration
The Truth About Russia
Charles Bausman - The Truth About Russia

TV

Message To Trump: Pass Law Against Censorship & Political Discrimination
Message To Trump: Pass Law Against Censorship & Political Discrimination
Leftists Think Trump-Putin Meeting in Helsinki Was "Anti-American" & Big Tech's War on Nationalists
Kevin MacDonald - Leftists Think Trump-Putin Meeting in Helsinki Was "Anti-American" & Big Tech's War on Nationalists

RSSYoutubeGoogle+iTunesSoundCloudStitcherTuneIn

Design by Henrik Palmgren © Red Ice Privacy Policy