Another banker dies under suspicious circumstances
Impeccable. Sporty. Cared for. Successful. Just some qualifications that are attributed to the 52-year-old from the Belgian Geert Tack Haaltert.
Geert Tack worked as a private banker for ING and managed portfolios of wealthy clients. The Belgian had a lot of respect in the financial world and was known as an up and top professional. His sudden disappearance was also smashed like a bomb. “If Tack himself was having trouble he has managed to keep it well hidden”, say colleagues.
Nobody then could have guessed that the man would not return on Wednesday, November 5th to his wife in their villa Vondelen.
On December 3, the body was found on the coast of Ostend and removed from the water. The prosecutor confirmed today that it is Geert Tack, but it is still awaiting further results of the autopsy for the exact cause of death. The results of toxicological testing are not yet known.
The examiner states that the body showed no outward signs of violence.
What makes the matter is that the extra mysterious circumstances under which he disappeared are rather peculiar. Tack had a few weeks earlier his car drove into each other and if the garage then take away a replacement car. Oddly enough, he made it much later, shortly before he disappeared, use. The car, a Renault Espace, has been found in Knokke, but Tack missing to date each track.
Also – Why he had in the weeks before the disappearance sometimes so difficult to get to sleep? Why he did that Wednesday morning his laptop and cell phone at home?
Although a desperate act can not be excluded, there are also people who take into account that the missing part of a preconceived plan. From his position Tack had the opportunity to be there – whether or not forced by third parties – to run off with money from his clients. It is a hypothesis that being seriously investigated by the federal police, but where colleagues want to know anything.
“Something like that would never do,” said one of them certainly. “Geert is a blameless man.”
This is the 36th Dead Banker of the year (via Beforeitsnews):
1) David Bird, 55, long-time reporter for the Wall Street Journal working at the Dow Jones news room
2) Tim Dickenson, a U.K.-based communications director at Swiss Re AG
3) William Broeksmit, 58, former senior manager for Deutsche Bank
4) Ryan Henry Crane, age 37, JP Morgan
5) Li Junjie, 33, Hong Kong JP Morgan
6) Gabriel Magee, 39, age JP Morgan employee
7) Mike Dueker, 50, who had worked for Russell Investments
8) Richard Talley, 57, was the founder and CEO of American Title (real estate titles)
9) James Stuart Jr. 70, Former National Bank of Commerce CEO was found dead in Scottsdale, Ariz
10) Jason Alan Salais, 34 year old IT Specialist at JPMorgan since 2008
11) Autumn Radtke, 28, CEO of First Meta, a Singapore-based virtual currency trading platform
12) Eddie Reilly, 47, investment banker, Vertical Group, New York
13) Kenneth Ballando, 28, investment banker, Levy Capital, New York
14) Joseph A. Giampapa, 55, corporate bankruptcy lawyer, JP Morgan Chase
15) Jan Peter Schmittmann, 57, voormalig topbestuurder ANB/AMRO, Laren, Netherlands
16) Juergen Frick, 48, CEO Bank Frick & Co AG, Liechtenstein
17) Benoît Philippens, 37, directeur BNP Parisbas Fortis Bank, Ans, Belgium.
18) Lydia…, 52, bankier Bred-Banque-Populaire, Paris
19) Andrew Jarzyk, 27, bankier, PNC Bank, New York
20) Carlos Six, 61, Hoofd Belastingdienst en lid CREDAF, Belgium
21) Jan Winkelhuijzen, 75, Commissaris en Fiscalist (voormalig Deloitte), Netherlands
22) Richard Rockefeller, 66, achterkleinzoon elitebankier John D. Rockefeller, America
23) Mahafarid Amir Khosravi (Amir Mansour Aria), 45, bankeigenaar, zakenman en derivatenhandelaar, Iran
24) Lewis Katz, 76, zakenman, advocaat en insider in de bancaire wereld, America
25) Julian Knott, Directeur Global Operations Center JP Morgan, 45, America
26) Richard Gravino, IT Specialist JP Morgan, 49, America
27) Thomas James Schenkman, Managing Director Global Infrastructure JP Morgan, 42, America
28) Nicholas Valtz, 39, Managing Director Goldman Sachs, New York, America
29) Therese Brouwer, 50, Managing Director ING, Netherlands
30) Tod Robert Edward, 51, Vice President M & T Bank, America
31) Thierry Leyne, 48, investeringsbankier en eigenaar Anatevka S.A., Israel
32) Calogero Gambino, 41, Managing Director Deutsche Bank, America
33) Shawn D. Miller, 42, Managing Director Citigroup, New York, America
34) Melissa Millian, 54, Senior Vice President Mass Mutual, America
35) Thieu Leenen, 64, Relatiemanager ABN/AMRO, Eindhoven, Netherlands
36) Geert Tack, 52, Private Banker ING, Haaltert, Belgium